hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Sean Busbey <bus...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] First release candidate for hbase-1.1.7 (RC0) is available
Date Tue, 04 Oct 2016 05:02:58 GMT
-1

good:

* checksums and signatures check out
* RAT check passed
* source tarball corresponds to 1.1.6RC0 (which points to
cdc799e9b7bedb6b2b2a9a3123321e010c7a6eab), ignoring HBASE-13088 and
the issue listed below.
* source compiles
* LICENSE/NOTICE look okay, agree that issues Andrew mentioned are non-blockers.

not so good:

* source tarball includes binaries, namely the hbase-shaded-server and
hbase-shaded-client modules include their target directories which
includes generated jars. (in addition to the ASF policy issue, this
makes the source tarball ~80MiB–compared to 15MiB for 1.1.6.) I've had
this happen before if a clean didn't immediately precede the source
assembly invocation.

--
busbey