hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Sean Busbey <bus...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: HBASE 2.0
Date Thu, 06 Oct 2016 14:01:55 GMT
On Tue, Oct 4, 2016 at 12:00 PM, Andrew Purtell <apurtell@apache.org> wrote:

>> Currently, we are aware of the following on-going new features for 2.0:
> new Assignment Manager, backup/restore, off-heap, protobuff 3, Hybrid
> Logical Clock, and maybe AsyncRegion / C++ client).
>
> For what it is worth, depending on the state of them, I would really like
> to see the new AM, incremental backup/restore (with changes as discussed by
> the community), PB3, and HLC. Let's see if it is possible to get them all
> in and produce a high quality stable release. Implicitly: A simple 1.x to
> 2.x upgrade path with bulletproof rollback.

I'd like to get our use of HDFS cleaned up in time for 2.0; so far it
looks like it'll probably impact some of our operational tooling.

I don't think it ought to be a blocker, so I'm aiming for the
something later than the first round of early-releases
(alpha/beta/whatever we're calling it).

--
busbey