hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Jonathan Hsieh <...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Should we remove Mob Sweeper MR job
Date Tue, 11 Oct 2016 00:15:17 GMT
As a data point, we have several more months of users using the intrinsic
mob compaction and have had no need for the MR based tool.   Since this
code hasn't been released with an apache hbase release, I'd be fine if it
were removed unless any users have any concerns with its removal.

On Mon, Oct 10, 2016 at 2:55 PM, Apekshit Sharma <appy@cloudera.com> wrote:

> From what i understand, it was part of initial implementation of MOB but
> was later replaced by DefaultMobStoreCompactor and ExpiredMobFileCleaner.
> Let's remove this 1500+ lines tool if it's redundant, because it's
> unnecessary maintainence. I stumbled across it when i was trying to replace
> zk table locks with procedure locks.
> -- Appy

// Jonathan Hsieh (shay)
// jon@cloudera.com // @jmhsieh