hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Purtell <apurt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] First release candidate for hbase-1.1.7 (RC0) is available
Date Tue, 04 Oct 2016 00:27:16 GMT

Checked sums and signatures: good

Checked CHANGES.txt: The release notes jump from 1.1.5 to 1.1.7. That's
weird. However entries for 1.1.7 are available so not a fatal problem IMHO.

Spot checked LICENSE and NOTICE files in source and binary tarballs: Mostly
ok. In the binary NOTICE file there are a lot of failed substitutions like
"For source see '${dep.url}'" but this isn't something the RM did wrong,
nor is only a problem for this release, and isn't a fatal problem IMHO.

SHA reported by binaries (cdc799e) is RC tag in git: yes

Built from source (7u80): ok

RAT check (7u80): passed

Unit tests (7u80): first time through, we had this:

Failed tests:
  TestHTraceHooks.testTraceCreateTable:133 expected:<2> but was:<1>
Tests in error:
  TestHRegion.testWritesWhileRollWriter ยป DamagedWAL Failed offering sync

however, when running the tests individually they passed, so these are
flakes, not failures.

Loaded 1M rows with LTT (10 readers, 10 writers, 10 updaters (20%)):
passed, all keys verified, no errors or unexpected messages in the logs,
latencies in the ballpark

On Tue, Sep 27, 2016 at 3:04 PM, Misty Stanley-Jones <misty@apache.org>

> Feedback is welcome as this is my first time managing a release, on
> behalf of Nick Dimiduk.
> The first release candidate for HBase 1.1.7 (hbase-1.1.7RC0) is
> available for download at:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/hbase/hbase-1.1.7RC0/
> Maven artifacts are also available in a staging repository at:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehbase-1152/
> Artifacts are signed with my key (21A15DC5) published up in our KEYS
> file at https://www-us.apache.org/dist/hbase/KEYS.
> The RC is tagged 1.1.7RC0 and represents SHA
> cdc799e9b7bedb6b2b2a9a3123321e010c7a6eab.
> The detailed source and binary compatibility report vs 1.1.6 has been
> published for your review, at:
>  http://people.apache.org/~misty/hbase-1.1.7-compatibility/
> HBase 1.1.7 is the seventh patch release in the HBase 1.1 line,
> continuing on
> the theme of bringing a stable, reliable database to the Hadoop and
> communities. This release includes 16 changes and bug fixes since 1.1.6.
> The full list of fixes included in this release is available at:
> version=12337981&projectId=12310753
> and in the CHANGES.txt file included in the distribution.
> Please try out this candidate and vote +/-1 by 23:59 Pacific time on
> Monday, October 3, 2016 as to whether we should release these artifacts
> as HBase
> 1.1.7.
> Thanks,
> St.Ack