hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Ted Yu <yuzhih...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Consider adding the issue number in commit message
Date Tue, 13 Sep 2016 17:09:08 GMT
bq. the original commit is still there, so nothing is really fixed.

Though 3 commits didn't look good, the contributor's identity would be
retrievable when looking at git history.

Consider this:

$ git blame
hbase-rsgroup/src/main/java/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/rsgroup/RSGroupInfoManagerImpl.java
| grep 'se.classification.InterfaceAud'
552400e5 (tedyu              2016-09-12 12:16:26 -0700  60) import
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.classification.InterfaceAudience;

552400e5 would lead to:

HBASE-16491 A few org.apache.hadoop.hbase.rsgroup classes missing
@InterfaceAudience annotation (Umesh Agashe)

The downside with force push is that everyone who had the corresponding
branch checked out needs to re-check out.

This morning I moved a few pending patches out of old work space for master
branch (not to lose them when I do rm -rf in the future) and cloned master
branch again.

My two cents.