hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Sean Busbey <bus...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Need hand-holding for 1.1.7 release management
Date Mon, 26 Sep 2016 19:20:50 GMT
My ~/.m2/settings.xml file looks like the example from the "pushing
stuff to maven" guide[1]:

<settings xmlns="http://maven.apache.org/SETTINGS/1.0.0"
  xsi:schemaLocation="http://maven.apache.org/SETTINGS/1.0.0
                      http://maven.apache.org/xsd/settings-1.0.0.xsd">
  <servers>
    <!-- To publish a website using Maven -->
    <!-- To stage a release of some part of Maven -->
    <server>
      <id>apache.releases.https</id>
      <username>busbey
      </username>
      <password><!--   redacted encrypted password   -->
      </password>
    </server>
  </servers>
</settings>

I don't bother including a section for publishing SNAPSHOTs because I
don't publish SNAPSHOTs.

Note that you'll need to follow the maven password encryption guide to
avoid storing your plaintext ASF creds[2] and you should use Maven
3.2.1+ so that you don't need to put the password(s) on the command
invocation.

[1]: http://www.apache.org/dev/publishing-maven-artifacts.html#dev-env
[2]: http://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-encryption.html

--