hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Sean Busbey <bus...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSSION] Merge Backup / Restore - Branch HBASE-7912
Date Thu, 01 Sep 2016 16:24:17 GMT
On Sat, Aug 20, 2016 at 12:59 PM, Vladimir Rodionov
<vladrodionov@gmail.com> wrote:
> Not sure what do you mean, Andrew by "trying out the branch via the IT",
> but we do not recommend running this with monkey enabled.
> It has not been tested in a such scenario yet and frankly speaking it is
> not supposed to work (snapshots will fail anyway and we depends on
> snapshots)

Also won't have time to test out the branch this week, but if we're
not going to handle failures do we have tools or guidance on
recovering in the case of things falling over?

Do we have JIRA issue(s) covering making snapshots robust in the face
of monkeys?

--
busbey