hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Sean Mackrory <mackror...@gmail.com>
Subject Upgrading Hadoop dependencies and catching potential incompatibilities for HBase
Date Wed, 28 Sep 2016 16:56:19 GMT
HBase folks,

I'd like to work on upgrading some of the dependencies in Hadoop that are
starting to lag behind:

jackson2 (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-12705)
jaxb-api (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-13659)
commons-configuration (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-13660)
htrace (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-13661)

Some of these (chiefly jackson) are known to be high risk upgrades and have
caused problems for HBase in the past. I wanted to give you a heads up
about this work and coordinate with you to make sure I do all the testing
you think is necessary to discover any potential problems well in advance
of the breakages.

I was going to look at just running HBase's unit tests when built against
my Hadoop's trunk with my changes (Should I expect any problems here? Is
there a branch already focused on Hadoop 3 compatibility or anything?) and
Bigtop's integration tests too. Anything else you would add to this?