hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Matteo Bertozzi <theo.berto...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Backup Implementation (WAS => Re: [DISCUSSION] MR jobs started by Master or RS)
Date Sat, 24 Sep 2016 14:04:06 GMT
as far as I understand the code, you don't need procedure for the export
itself.
the export operation is already idempotent, since you are just copying
files.
if the file exist and is complete (check length, checksum, ...) you can
skip it,
otherwise you'll send it over again.

you need the proc for taking the backup and restoring,
because you want to complete the operation and end up with a consistent
state
across the multiple components you are updating (meta, fs, ...)
but again, for export you can just run the tool over and over until the
operation succeed, and that should be ok.

Matteo