hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Purtell <apurt...@apache.org>
Subject [VOTE] The 1st HBase 0.98.22 release candidate (RC0) is available
Date Sat, 03 Sep 2016 15:34:02 GMT
The 1st HBase 0.98.2
​2 release candidate (RC0) is available for download at
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/hbase/hbase-0.98.22RC0 and Maven
artifacts are also available in the temporary repository
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehbase-1151 .

The detailed source and binary compatibility report for this release with
respect to the previous is available for your review at
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/hbase/hbase-0.98.22RC0/0.98.21_0.98.22RC0_compat_report.html
​. There are no reported compatibility issues.

The
​25​
issues resolved in this release can be found at https://s.apache.org/C7SV .

I have made the following assessments of this candidate:
- Release audit check
​: pass​

-
​ Unit test suite: pass 10/10 (7u79)​

- Loaded 1M keys with LTT (10 readers, 10 writers, 10 updaters (20%): all
keys verified, no unusual messages or errors, latencies in the ballpark
- IntegrationTestBigLinkedList
​1B rows: 100% referenced, no errors (8u91)
- Built head of Apache Phoenix 4.x-HBase-0.98 branch
​:​
​no errors (7u79)

Signed with my code signing key D5365CCD.

Please try out the candidate and vote +1/0/-1. This vote will be open for
at least 72 hours. Unless objection I will try to close it
​Friday September 9, 2016 if we have sufficient votes.

--
Best regards,

   - Andy

(via Tom White)