hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Purtell <andrew.purt...@gmail.com>
Subject [RESULT] [VOTE] The 1st HBase 0.98.22 release candidate (RC0) is available
Date Sat, 10 Sep 2016 16:46:03 GMT
+1

With three binding +1s, one non-binding +1, and no 0 or -1 votes, this vote passes and we
have 0.98.22. I will release the artifacts and send an announcement shortly.

and Maven artifacts are also available in the temporary repository https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehbase-1151
.

> The detailed source and binary compatibility report for this release with respect to
the previous is available for your review at https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/hbase/hbase-0.98.22RC0/0.98.21_0.98.22RC0_compat_report.html
​. There are no reported compatibility issues.

> The ​25​ issues resolved in this release can be found at https://s.apache.org/C7SV
.

> I have made the following assessments of this candidate:
> - Release audit check​: pass​
> -​ Unit test suite: pass 10/10 (7u79)​
> - Loaded 1M keys with LTT (10 readers, 10 writers, 10 updaters (20%): all keys verified,
no unusual messages or errors, latencies in the ballpark
> - IntegrationTestBigLinkedList ​1B rows: 100% referenced, no errors (8u91)
> - Built head of Apache Phoenix 4.x-HBase-0.98 branch​:​ ​no errors (7u79)

> Please try out the candidate and vote +1/0/-1. This vote will be open for at least 72
hours. Unless objection I will try to close it ​Friday September 9, 2016 if we have sufficient
votes.