hbase-dev mailing list archives

From "Misty Stanley-Jones" <mi...@apache.org>
Subject [VOTE] First release candidate for hbase-1.1.7 (RC0) is available
Date Tue, 27 Sep 2016 22:04:13 GMT
Feedback is welcome as this is my first time managing a release, on
behalf of Nick Dimiduk.

The first release candidate for HBase 1.1.7 (hbase-1.1.7RC0) is
available for download at:

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/hbase/hbase-1.1.7RC0/

Maven artifacts are also available in a staging repository at:

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehbase-1152/

Artifacts are signed with my key (21A15DC5) published up in our KEYS
file at https://www-us.apache.org/dist/hbase/KEYS.

The RC is tagged 1.1.7RC0 and represents SHA
cdc799e9b7bedb6b2b2a9a3123321e010c7a6eab.

The detailed source and binary compatibility report vs 1.1.6 has been
published for your review, at:

 http://people.apache.org/~misty/hbase-1.1.7-compatibility/

HBase 1.1.7 is the seventh patch release in the HBase 1.1 line,
continuing on
the theme of bringing a stable, reliable database to the Hadoop and
NoSQL
communities. This release includes 16 changes and bug fixes since 1.1.6.

The full list of fixes included in this release is available at:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?version=12337981&projectId=12310753

and in the CHANGES.txt file included in the distribution.

Please try out this candidate and vote +/-1 by 23:59 Pacific time on
Monday, October 3, 2016 as to whether we should release these artifacts
as HBase
1.1.7.

Thanks,
St.Ack