hbase-dev mailing list archives

From "Misty Stanley-Jones" <mi...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] First release candidate for hbase-1.2.3 (RC0) is available
Date Fri, 02 Sep 2016 16:33:46 GMT
+1 based on OSX 10.11.6

Steps taken:

Binary tar.gz:
- Download the tarball
- Test the MD5sum, it matched
- Extract the tarball
- Start  HBase in standalone mode
- Start the CLI
- Access the master and regionServer web UIs
- Stop HBase

Source tar.gz:
- Download the tarball
- Test the MD5sum, it matched
- Extract the tarball
- Build using Maven 3.39 and JDK 1.8.0_102 on OSX and 'mvn clean install
--fail-at-end' and let the full test suite run
-- A few failed tests but each passed when I ran it separately. Not
surprising since I was running all this on a Macbook.