hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: Source incompatibility between 1.2.[0,1] and 1.2.2 breaks Phoenix
Date Tue, 16 Aug 2016 11:40:22 GMT
On Tue, Aug 16, 2016 at 1:07 AM, Phil Yang <ud1937@gmail.com> wrote:

> I notice that HBASE-15645 is made up of several commits and revert in git,
> maybe it is more convenient to apply a new patch to remove the added
> methods.
> Created a new issue (HBASE-16420
> <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-16420>) and waiting for the
> result of pre-commit build. The patch only fix the incompatibility of 1.1
> and 1.2.  Do we need keep the compatibility between 1.x branches? If so we
> need also remove new methods from branch-1.3 and branch-1. And seems some
> other issues also added new methods to  non-Private  interface on
> branch-1/1.3...

Patch looks good Phil. Thanks for putting it up.

On your question, adding API in a manner that breaks compile is allowed
going by our updated understanding.

I pushed suggested tightenting text for what our story is across patch
versions here: HBASE-16422

Working w/ Sean to roll a hbase-1.2.3 RC with your reverts.

Thanks for prompt fix.