hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Shade protobuf so we can move to a newer version
Date Tue, 23 Aug 2016 00:20:13 GMT
This project goes on. I updated HBASE-1563 "Shade protobuf" with some doc
on a final approach. We need to be able to refer to both shaded and
non-shaded protobuf so we can support sending HDFS old-school pb Messages
but also so Coprocessor Endpoints keep working though internally protobufs
have been relocated. Funny you should ask, but yes, there are some
downsides (as predicted by contributors on the JIRA). I'd be interested to
hear if they are too burdensome. In particular, your IDE experience gets a
little convoluted as you will need to add to your build path, a jar with
the relocated pbs. A pain.