hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject [VOTE] First release candidate for hbase-1.2.3 (RC0) is available
Date Tue, 30 Aug 2016 01:14:31 GMT
The first release candidate for HBase 1.2.3 (hbase-1.2.3RC0) is
available for download at:

 https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/hbase/hbase-1.2.3RC0/

Maven artifacts are also available in a staging repository at:

 https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehbase-1149/

Artifacts are signed with my key (30CD0996) published up in our KEYS
file at https://www-us.apache.org/dist/hbase/KEYS.

The RC is tagged 1.2.3RC0 (I'll sign the tag the next time through...)

The detailed source and binary compatibility report vs 1.2.2 has been
published for your review, at:

 http://people.apache.org/~stack/1.2.2_1.2.3RC0_compat_report.html

HBase 1.2.3 is the third patch release in the HBase 1.2 line, continuing on
the theme of bringing a stable, reliable database to the Hadoop and NoSQL
communities. This release includes over 48 bug fixes since 1.2.2. In
particular it addresses an API incompatibility uncovered by our Apache
Phoenix bothers and sisters in our Table Interface: HBASE-16420.

The full list of fixes included in this release is available at:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12310753&version=12336053

and in the CHANGES.txt file included in the distribution.

Please try out this candidate and vote +/-1 by 23:59 Pacific time on
Monday, 2016-09-05 as to whether we should release these artifacts as HBase
1.2.3.

Thanks,
St.Ack