hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Purtell <apurt...@apache.org>
Subject [VOTE] The 1st HBase 0.98.21 release candidate (RC0) is available
Date Mon, 08 Aug 2016 05:03:14 GMT
​​The 1st HBase 0.98.21 release candidate (RC0) is available for download
at https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/hbase/hbase-0.98.21RC0/ and Maven
artifacts are also available in the temporary repository
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehbase-1144/ .

The detailed source and binary compatibility report for this release with
respect to the previous is available for your review at
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/hbase/hbase-0.98.21RC0/HBase_0.98.20_to_0.98.21RC0_compatibility_report.html
.
There is one change of note: an allowable change to Public/Evolving
HFilePrettyPrinter introduced as part of a security fix.

The 58 issues resolved in this release can be found at
https://s.apache.org/SfDQ .

I have made the following assessments of this candidate:
- Release audit check passes
- Unit test suite passes 20 out of 20 times with 7u79 and 8u91.
- Loaded 1M keys with LTT (10 readers, 10 writers, 10 updaters (20%): all
keys verified, no unusual messages or errors, latencies in the ballpark
- IntegrationTestBigLinkedList writing 500M keys with slowDeterministic
chaos policy in effect: result is 100% referenced, no verification errors
(8u91)
- Built head of Apache Phoenix 4.x-HBase-0.98 branch, looks good (7u79)

Signed with my code signing key D5365CCD.

Please try out the candidate and vote +1/0/-1. This vote will be open for
at least 72 hours. Unless objection I will try to close it Monday August
15, 2016 if we have sufficient votes.

--
Best regards,

   - Andy