hbase-dev mailing list archives

From GuangYang <yguan...@outlook.com>
Subject Multiple region servers on the same host
Date Tue, 23 Aug 2016 23:53:49 GMT
Hello,We are recently exploring running multiple region servers on the same host, some of the
potential benefits:1. smaller region server instance, thus potential less contention for better
performance?2. We are running region server groups, thus we can run region server groups with
different workloads on the same group of hardware.
We plan to go with cgroups to isolate region servers on the same host, mainly because we have
had good experience using cgroups within other hadoop projects.
Has anyone played around with running multiple RS on the same host and would like to share
the experience?
Thanks,Guang