hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Purtell <andrew.purt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Feedback from the July 2016 board report
Date Sat, 20 Aug 2016 18:26:17 GMT
I would like to be proactive about board feedback so I will put up a patch for our site and
documentation that describes the status of our active code lines in the terms that Nick suggests
below. I would add an entry for 2.0 describing it as "future, unstable".

I would also like to find a service for taking free surveys (or low cost) and advertise a
multiple choice survey on dev@ and user@ and Twitter asking users:

- What version of HBase do you currently use? (0.94, 0.98, 1.0, 1.1, 1.2).

- What version of HBase would you consider upgrading to in the next year? (1.1, 1.2, 1.3,
2.0)

This should work for both Apache releases and any derivatives based on a particular minor,
and I think we want that usage in aggregate.