hbase-dev mailing list archives

From <la...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] The 2nd HBase 0.98.21 release candidate (RC1) is available
Date Sat, 13 Aug 2016 04:14:17 GMT
+1 (binding)

- Built from source- loaded 100m rows via Phoenix- exercised flushes, compactions, scans,
etc.- nothing undue in the logs

-- Lars

      From: Andrew Purtell <apurtell@apache.org>
 To: "dev@hbase.apache.org" <dev@hbase.apache.org>
 Sent: Monday, August 8, 2016 8:45 PM
 Subject: [VOTE] The 2nd HBase 0.98.21 release candidate (RC1) is available

​​The 2nd HBase 0.98.21 release candidate (RC1) is available for download
at https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/hbase/hbase-0.98.21RC1/ and Maven
artifacts are also available in the temporary repository
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehbase-1145/ .

The detailed source and binary compatibility report for this release with
respect to the previous is available for your review at
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/hbase/hbase-0.98.21RC1/HBase_0.98.20_to_0.98.21RC1_compatibility_report.html
. There is one change of note: an allowable change to Public/Evolving
HFilePrettyPrinter introduced as part of a security fix.

The 57 issues resolved in this release can be found at
https://s.apache.org/SfDQ .

I have made the following assessments of this candidate:
- Release audit check passes
- Unit test suite passes (7u79)
- Loaded 1M keys with LTT (10 readers, 10 writers, 10 updaters (20%): all
keys verified, no unusual messages or errors, latencies in the ballpark
- IntegrationTestBigLinkedList writing 500M keys with slowDeterministic
chaos policy in effect: result is 100% referenced, no verification errors
(8u91)
- Built head of Apache Phoenix 4.x-HBase-0.98 branch, looks good (7u79)

Signed with my code signing key D5365CCD.

Please try out the candidate and vote +1/0/-1. This vote will be open for
at least 72 hours. Unless objection I will try to close it Monday August
15, 2016 if we have sufficient votes.

--
Best regards,

  - Andy