hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Dimiduk <ndimi...@apache.org>
Subject [VOTE] First release candidate for HBase 1.1.6 (RC0) is available
Date Sat, 16 Jul 2016 19:10:47 GMT
I'm happy to announce the first release candidate of HBase 1.1.6 (HBase-1.1
.6RC0) is available for download at
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/hbase/hbase-1.1.6RC0/

Maven artifacts are also available in the staging repository
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehbase-1143

Artifacts are signed with my code signing subkey 0xAD9039071C3489BD,
available in the Apache keys directory
https://people.apache.org/keys/committer/ndimiduk.asc and in our KEYS file
http://www-us.apache.org/dist/hbase/KEYS.

There's also a signed tag for this release at
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=hbase.git;a=tag;h=2c1edd519753f2e9b546d19739d49c23495611f0

The detailed source and binary compatibility report vs 1.1.5 has been
published for your review, at
http://home.apache.org/~ndimiduk/1.1.5_1.1.6RC0_compat_report.html

HBase 1.1.6 is the sixth patch release in the HBase 1.1 line, continuing on
the theme of bringing a stable, reliable database to the Hadoop and NoSQL
communities. This release includes over 40 bug fixes since the 1.1.5
release. Notable correctness fixes include HBASE-15698 HBASE-15856
HBASE-15878 HBASE-16012 HBASE-16056 HBASE-16093 HBASE-16132.

The full list of fixes included in this release is available at
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12310753&version=12335679
and
and in the CHANGES.txt file included in the distribution.

Please try out this candidate and vote +/-1 by 23:59 Pacific time on
Thursday, 2016-07-21 as to whether we should release these artifacts as
HBase 1.1.6.

Thanks,
Nick