hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Sean Busbey <bus...@apache.org>
Subject [DISCUSS] JIRA rights for new community members
Date Tue, 26 Jul 2016 17:14:18 GMT
heya folks,

I'm considering putting up a help wanted[1] for JIRA maintenance work.
Before I do so, I wanted to confirm a few things.

1) resolve / set fix / etc rights for new community members

I know that I got full admin access to JIRA before I was made a
committer (thanks again stack!), but IIRC I had already been making
some contributions at the time. Before I try to draw in new community
members with this kind of work, do folks have any level of interaction
they'd prefer before I grant rights beyond what what give
"contributors" right now?

2) JIRA gardening as contributions

I've been a big advocate of "more than code contributions" counting. I
also do a fair bit of JIRA work, so it's something that I value having
more folks working on.  That said, I don't want to get new folks in
the community working on this only to run into problems getting them
recognition in the larger project. So I'd just like to make sure that
if we had new folks who were consistently doing the work of keeping
our JIRA listings accurate and useful that someone other than me would
consider voting in favor of committer rights. (preferably a couple of
folks :) )

[1]: https://helpwanted.apache.org/

View raw message