hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Sean Busbey <bus...@apache.org>
Subject [DISCUSS] issue trackers and recent stability of issues.apache/jira
Date Wed, 29 Jun 2016 20:06:02 GMT
Heya folks,

ASF hosted JIRA has had a rough go of things over the last few months.
Between the spam attacks impacting both availability and our usage
patterns and whatever has been causing the brown outs over the last
two days, things are impacting at least _my_ ability to make use of
the time I have available for the project.

There are other options available to us as a project; no ASF policy
requires us to use any particular issue tracker or even an ASF hosted
issue tracker at all.

Before I go through the effort to figure out what our requirements
would be for a third party solutions (in terms of user load,
persistence of messages, etc), what's our community temperature on
this issue? Do we have the stomach for a transition?

-
busbey