hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Elliott Clark <ecl...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Branch for 1.3
Date Wed, 22 Jun 2016 22:15:52 GMT
So the errors are pretty sparse. We're running in a pretty reasonable test
cluster and only seeing 300 errors out of 39 billion.

I'm going to start things running on two clusters with some logging, if
anyone has some other hints around what to look for. Or can get a better
repro that would be really helpful.

On Wed, Jun 22, 2016 at 2:21 PM, Dima Spivak <dspivak@cloudera.com> wrote:

> Hey Elliott (et al.),
>
> I don’t have insight into the code that might have gone in to scanners, but
> I do have the ability to get clusters with chaos monkeys set up quickly
> (and some machines in-house to run them), so I’d be happy to help if
> there’s anything I can do.
>
> -Dima
>
> On Wed, Jun 22, 2016 at 12:47 PM, Elliott Clark <eclark@apache.org> wrote:
>
> > Could use some help in HBASE-16074 if anyone has a cluster that has chaos
> > monkey set up. Right now it looks like there is some issue with scanners
> > during failures giving corrupt data.
> >
> > On Wed, Jun 22, 2016 at 12:28 PM, Mikhail Antonov <olorinbant@gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Hi guys,
> > >
> > > as we're stabilizing branch-1.3 builds and I also need to keep release
> > > notes / tag for 1.3 accurate, could you please ping me on jira if you
> > > commit something to this branch (I read commit log, but it's easy to
> miss
> > > something in there)?
> > >
> > > Thanks!
> > > Mikhail