hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Lars George <lars.geo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: MutableQuantiles
Date Mon, 20 Jun 2016 12:19:28 GMT
BTW, I am looking at 1.2 branch, though here the Hadoop one does
exactly the same as what the HBase one does. Where do I see the
difference? Master looks the same too. Are you referring to the
histogram classes?

On Mon, Jun 20, 2016 at 1:36 PM, Lars George <lars.george@gmail.com> wrote:
> Ah thanks Andy. It seemed mostly a copy (with some internal
> modification). Now, where is that used at all?
> On Sun, Jun 19, 2016 at 7:06 PM, Andrew Purtell
> <andrew.purtell@gmail.com> wrote:
>> We have additional functionality that the Hadoop supplied one does not, importantly
the ability to dump counts by latency bucket rather than percentile measures at the moment.
The former can be used to calculate mathematically meaningful percentile measures over the
whole fleet and over longer timescales, the latter cannot.
>>> On Jun 19, 2016, at 9:36 AM, Lars George <lars.george@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>> As per https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-6409 we rolled our
>>> own class. Is that still needed? Since 2012 lot's has changed and we
>>> should have all in place to use the Hadoop supplied one?
>>> Just curious.
>>> Cheers,
>>> Lars

View raw message