hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Mikhail Antonov <anto...@apache.org>
Subject Flaky tests
Date Tue, 21 Jun 2016 02:02:54 GMT
A while ago we ran an effort to crack down on broken/flaky tests on
branch-1, and I guess some of the branch builds are again in a sorry state,
so writing here to raise awareness (kind of).

As I'm looking at

https://builds.apache.org/job/HBase-1.3 and
https://builds.apache.org/job/HBase-1.4 builds, I'm seeing lot more red
things than I would like to (and in many cases I can see one out of two
configurations (1.7 or 1.8) is passing, while another one is failing.

Here're the few ones which started to appear in the logs often:

HBASE-16049 TestRowProcessorEndpoint
HBASE-16051 TestScannerHeartbeatMessages fails on some machines
HBASE-16075 TestAcidGuarantees

http://hbase.x10host.com/flaky-tests/ - this is a more broad set, but I'd
like to start the discussion whether we should be more aggressive in
dealing with flaky tests (either disable them and file a jira to follow up,
or cleanup/remove?)