hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Purtell <apurt...@apache.org>
Subject [VOTE] The 1st HBase 0.98.20 release candidate (RC0) is available
Date Wed, 08 Jun 2016 01:26:02 GMT
The 1st HBase 0.98.20 release candidate (RC0) is available for download at
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/hbase/0.98.20RC0/ and Maven
artifacts are also available in the temporary repository
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehbase-1137/ .

The detailed source and binary compatibility report for this release with
respect to the previous is available for your review at
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/hbase/0.98.20RC0/0.98.19_0.98.20RC0_compat_report.html
. There are no reported problems or warnings.

The 41 issues resolved in this release can be found at
https://s.apache.org/5f48 .

I have made the following preliminary assessments of this candidate:
- Build with source artifact with RAT and enforcers enabled (-Prelease)
completes successfully
- Unit test suite passes (7u79)
- Loaded 1M rows with LTT (10 readers, 10 writers, ​10 updaters @ ​20%),
nothing unusual logged,​ all keys verified,​ reported latencies in the
ballpark
- Built and ran unit tests with head of Apache Phoenix 4.x-HBase-0.98
branch, looks good (7u79)

Signed with my ***former, now renewed*** code signing key D5365CCD. You may
need to refetch it.

    pub   4096R/D5365CCD 2013-12-19 [expires: 2018-05-20]
    uid                  Andrew Purtell (CODE SIGNING KEY) <
apurtell@apache.org>

Apologies for the churn on signing key.

Please try out the candidate and vote +1/0/-1. This vote will be open for
at least 72 hours. Unless objection I will try to close it Monday June 12,
2016 if we have sufficient votes. That is 4 working days from now. Three +1
votes from PMC will be required to release.

--
Best regards,

   - Andy

(via Tom White)