hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Sean Busbey <bus...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Help with task: HBase
Date Fri, 20 May 2016 14:31:52 GMT
Hi Micheal!

As Heng mentioned, it looks like that task didn't get full details.
The HBase community is still working on getting enough details
together to make use of the helpwanted tool.

We'd love to have you help out with something in the mean time!

To get started, you should make sure you're subscribe to the dev
list[1]. We have a list of JIRAs that have been flagged by
contributors as good for beginners[2], though you'll need to browse
through for something that looks suitable for the kind of
contributions you'd like to get started on.

We have a new contributor guide, but it's currently embedded in our
larger reference guide[3], so you'll have to be patient as the whole
thing loads.

Welcome! Let us know if you need any additional help finding a path to
participation.

[1]: http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/hbase-dev/
[2]: https://s.apache.org/hbase-open-beginner-issues
[3]: http://hbase.apache.org/book.html#getting.involved

On Thu, May 19, 2016 at 11:49 PM, Micheal Myers
<micheal.myers@hotmail.com> wrote:
> I would like to help out with the task listed at https://helpwanted.apache.org/task.html?57953b5d
> If there is any preliminary info you would like me to review, please let me know. Other
than that, please contact me if you need any information from me. Thanks.