hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Yu Li <car...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Make AsyncFSWAL the default WAL in 2.0
Date Fri, 06 May 2016 02:39:35 GMT
Almost miss the party...

bq. Do you think it worth to backport this feature to branch-1 and release
it in the next 1.x release? This may introduce a compatibility issue as said
in HBASE-14949 that we need HBASE-14949 to make sure that the rolling upgrade
does not lose data...
>From current perf data I think the effort is worthwhile, we already started
some work here and will run it on production after some carefully testing
(and of course, if the perf number confirmed, but I'm optimistic somehow
:-P). Regarding HBASE-14949, I guess a two-step rolling upgrade will make
it work, right? (And I guess this will also be a question when we upgrade
from 1.x to 2.0 later?)

btw, I'm +1 about making asyncfswal as default in 2.0 :-)

Best Regards,
Yu