hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Vimont <dan...@commonvox.org>
Subject Re: contributor
Date Sat, 28 May 2016 06:35:39 GMT
Hello Drystan,

In addition to the link that Talat provided in the previous e-mail, this
link will take you directly to the section of the HBase Reference Guide
entitled "Getting Involved":
https://hbase.apache.org/book.html#getting.involved

If you are new to HBase, the best introductory resource I know of is
"HBase: The Definitive Guide, 2nd Edition" by Lars George:
http://shop.oreilly.com/product/0636920033943.do
The full book is apparently still a work-in-progress, but the early
chapters (available now in "early release" format) are a really good intro
to HBase!

I am a relatively new contributor myself, and even thought the complexities
of HBase can be rather intimidating (especially at first, second, or third
glance), I think you'll find this community to be quite supportive in
getting you as far into the thick of things as you'd care to go.

Have fun!

-- Dan