hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Gary Helmling <ghelml...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Make AsyncFSWAL the default WAL in 2.0
Date Mon, 02 May 2016 19:20:48 GMT
On Fri, Apr 29, 2016 at 6:24 PM 张铎 <palomino219@gmail.com> wrote:

> Yes, it does. There is testcase that enumerates all the possible protection
> level(authentication, integrity and privacy) and encryption algorithm(none,
> 3des, rc4).
>

> https://github.com/apache/hbase/blob/master/hbase-server/src/test/java/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/io/asyncfs/TestSaslFanOutOneBlockAsyncDFSOutput.java
>
> I have also tested it in a secure cluster(hbase-2.0.0-SNAPSHOT and
> hadoop-2.4.0).

Thanks.  Can you add in support for testing with AES
(dfs.encrypt.data.transfer.cipher.suites=AES/CTR/NoPadding)?  This is only
available in Hadoop 2.6.0+, but I think is far more likely to be used in
production than 3des or rc4.

Also, have you been following HADOOP-10768?  That is changing Hadoop RPC
encryption negotiation to support more performant AES wrapping, similar to
what is now supported in the data transfer pipeline.