hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject NOTICE: removing doBulkLoad(Path hfofDir, final HTable table) though it has not been through a complete deprecation cycle?
Date Sun, 22 May 2016 17:29:17 GMT
HBASE-15875 wants to remove HTable and HTableInterface, classes that have
been deprecated since before hbase-1.0.0 release. Unfortunately, we missed
deprecating the method doBulkLoad(Path hfofDir, final HTable table) in
LoadIncrementalHFiles, a public, stable class.

My thinking is that its removal is 'ok' -- with proper notice -- since this
a method used by offline tooling. My thinking is that as long as proper
notice, folks can prepare their tooling ahead of time changing them to use
the alternative that takes a Table instance in time for the upgrade. This
method is also 'damaged' given it has a param that was properly deprecated
-- i.e. the HTable instance -- but nonetheless, its removal will be a
breaking change in 2.0.

You lot all good w/ this?
Thanks,
St.