hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: Hangouts for C++ client discussions
Date Thu, 05 May 2016 04:37:16 GMT
On Tue, May 3, 2016 at 11:57 AM, Enis Söztutar <enis@apache.org> wrote:

> Devs,
>
> If you have been following, we have two initiatives for writing a C++
> client for HBase. We are planning on doing a hangouts tomorrow, Wed 10-11am
> PDT to discuss various things related to the efforts. Please feel free to
> join if you are interested.
>
> The proposed agenda is here:
>
> https://docs.google.com/document/d/10O626jxK6f7nmdBjG0h9f_PYkbWNMGKH0-1H1i6SmaU/edit
>

> Hangouts link is here:
> https://hangouts.google.com/call/lige2qdmyfakrbzacfcafhzrh4e
>
> Enis

Here are notes from today's productive discussion [1][2]. The meeting's
working objective was how we as a community could align on a single C++
client. Toward the end of the notes are suggested ways on how we might
attain this stated objective repeated below (see doc for full context and
discussion that led up to the below list).

"Suggestions for how to go forward (pending feedback from community)

+ Moving everything into the [open on the] 14850 branch
+ Vamsi [lead on one of the two C++ projects] is going to try break[ing] up
his [patch into] sync/async API
+ Patches [to be made] for build system and XML
+ Targeting basic client functionally, Get/Put/Scan [at first with rest to
follow later]
+ Ok with sync and async API
+ Sync most likely based on async
+ [Will start a discussion soon on the m]erge criteria for the [14850]
branch"

Thanks,
St.Ack

1.