hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Todd Lipcon <t...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Smart Flaky Handler
Date Fri, 20 May 2016 22:43:58 GMT
On Fri, May 20, 2016 at 1:17 PM, Matteo Bertozzi <theo.bertozzi@gmail.com>
wrote:

> any suggestion on how to make people aware of the tests being flaky?

You guys might consider doing something like what we do for Apache Kudu
(incubating):

http://dist-test.cloudera.org:8080/ has a dashboard (driven from our
flaky-tests job) which shows the percent flakiness of each test, as well as
a breakdown of pass/fail rates by revision. We don't automatically email
these to the list or anything, currently, but would be pretty easy to set
up a cron job to do so.

The dashboard is very helpful for prioritizing the de-flaking of the worst
offenders, and also useful to quickly drill down and grab failure logs from
the flaky tests themselves.

-Todd
--
Todd Lipcon