hbase-dev mailing list archives

From 张铎 <palomino...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Make AsyncFSWAL the default WAL in 2.0
Date Tue, 10 May 2016 23:16:28 GMT
See HDFS-223 and HDFS-916. There are plenty of issues related. The most
important thing is that we need a suitable api and there is an asynchronous
file system proposal in HADOOP-12910 which does not fit our requirements so
I need to stop it being committed first...

And a default choice in a later HBase version means that this feature is
definitely needed in HDFS and will be well tested even before it go into
the HDFS code base. An experimental feature is always experimental. Think
of DLR. For per CF flush, the data loss issue had been found before
releasing 1.2 in which version it is on by default. And we also experienced
this recently when backporting the scan heartbeat feature into our
internal branch. Lots of small bugs though the code has been there for
months...

Thanks.

2016年5月11日星期三,Gary Helmling <ghelmling@gmail.com> 写道: