hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen Jiang <syuanjiang...@gmail.com>
Subject coprocessors in split region
Date Thu, 28 Apr 2016 16:06:57 GMT
during split region, we have a lot of coprocessors in
RegionCoprocessorHost  (some of them were added by
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-6633)

  public void preSplit(final byte[] splitRow) throws IOException {}
  public void postSplit(final Region l, final Region r) throws IOException
{}
  public boolean preSplitBeforePONR(final byte[] splitKey,
      final List<Mutation> metaEntries) throws IOException {}
  public void preSplitAfterPONR() throws IOException {}
  public void preRollBackSplit() throws IOException {}
  public void postRollBackSplit() throws IOException {}
  public void postCompleteSplit() throws IOException {}

I am in the process of moving split region a procedure-based from MASTER,
which means I should move those coprocessors to MasterCoprocessorHost.

Looking at the names, it seems to me that we exposed PONR implementation
details of split operation (what if we don't have PONR in future
implementation?  what if a new implementation always PONR from the
beginning).   I just wondering whether any customer leverage all the
coprocessors in split?

Also anyone sees any problem moving those CP to Master?  Your insight is
helpful.

Thanks
Stephen