hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen Jiang <syuanjiang...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Note breaking change on RegionObserver in hbase-2.0.0 (HBASE-15296 nice cleanup/refactor)
Date Thu, 14 Apr 2016 22:37:50 GMT
In the past, both HBASE-11425 and HBASE013645 used deprecation model,
HBASE-15296 now uses replacement model.

Even we don't guarantee the compatibility of upgrading to 2.0.  the
replacement model would make the upgrade more challenge and I am sure
enterprise customer would stay in 1.x line longer.

My 2-cent is unless it is necessary (eg. no way to maintain it), we should
try hard to make upgrade easier and use the deprecation model.

Thanks
Stephen