hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Sean Busbey <bus...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] The 1st HBase 0.98.19 release candidate (RC0) is available
Date Fri, 29 Apr 2016 18:42:54 GMT
+1

* checked signatures / sums[1]
* checked LICENSE/NOTICE and git log for updates
* spot checked file header compliance using apache-rat plugin on clean
source unpack
* build from source[2]
* source matches commit 1e527e73bc539a04ba0fa4ed3c0a82c7e9dd7d15[3]

[1]: ASF policy requires that each file hosted in the project dist
space have a file with _just_ the MD5 sum in a file named after the
original with ".md5" as a suffix. (Having an additional file with all
the checksums is a good practice, IMO.) I brought this up in our last
round of RCs as well. I don't want to hold up this vote, but I plan to
start voting -1 on future RCs that don't include md5 files.

relevant policy:
http://www.apache.org/dev/release-distribution.html#sigs-and-sums

[2]: I had a couple of test failures in mvn verify, but they were of
the "waiting for hbase to start" variety or timeouts. For the curious,
it currently
takes ~8 hours for "mvn --fail-never clean package verify" to finish
on my laptop.

[3]: this commit is pointed to by tag 0.98.19RC0. It's not included in the line
of commits that reach the current head for the 0.98 branch, but the same
content appears on that branch.