hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Yu Li <car...@gmail.com>
Subject Observed origin/master and origin/Master branches in git
Date Tue, 12 Apr 2016 13:20:47 GMT
Hi All,

As titled, there seems to be a new origin/Master branch created recently,
and when trying to pull the changes, my git client complains:
==========================
error: Ref refs/remotes/origin/master is at
90d3b03b674e6718ffcd3eaef00845be5e77656f but expected
c2f67a053ebe687773e5e35aa7c060de964dbb68
error: Cannot lock the ref 'refs/remotes/origin/master'.
>From git://git.apache.org/hbase
 ! c2f67a0..ff9c92e  master     -> origin/master  (unable to update local
ref)
==========================

This link
<http://stackoverflow.com/questions/11796580/git-pull-error-error-remote-ref-is-at-but-expected>
explains the root cause of the problem, simply copy-paste as follows:
==========================
If you are running git under a file system that is not case sensitive
(Windows or OS X) this will occur if there are two branches with the same
name but different capitalisation, e.g. user_model_changes and
User_model_changes as both of the remote branches will match the same
tracking ref.

So, my question is that what the new origin/Master branch is created for
and could we remove it? Or plz kindly let me know if anyway to make git
pull work if we have to keep the branch. Many thanks.

Best Regards,
Yu