hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Sean Busbey <bus...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Make AsyncFSWAL the default WAL in 2.0
Date Fri, 29 Apr 2016 02:57:34 GMT
I am nervous about having default out-of-the-box new HBase users reliant on
a bespoke HDFS client, especially given Hadoop's compatibility
promises and history. Answers for these questions would make me more
confident:

1) Where are we on getting the client-side changes to HDFS pushed back upstream?

2) How well do we detect when our FS is not HDFS and what does
fallback look like?

3) Will this mean altering the versions of Hadoop we label as
supported for HBase 2.y+?

4) How are we going to ensure our client remains compatible with newer
Hadoop releases?

--
busbey