hbase-dev mailing list archives

From rahul gidwani <rahul.gidw...@gmail.com>
Subject Allowing clients to set priorities
Date Wed, 20 Apr 2016 20:47:58 GMT
I was wondering if people would be interested in allowing the client to
specify priorities?  I really think we are good responsible adults and wont
abuse this feature.   :)

This would not just be for one particular operation but all operations.
I'll make it feature complete.

As for batch operations prioirites would be at batch level.

I know the phoenix guys would really like this feature as it would really
help with their indexing work.

Eventually I think it would be nice to get to a point where we can have
some sort of configurable reservation system.  Where regionservers could
have handler groups and we could send a little bit more info with the rpc
call to specify the reserved set of handlers they would like to utilize.

thanks
rahul