hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Purtell <apurt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] The 1st HBase 0.98.19 release candidate (RC0) is available
Date Fri, 29 Apr 2016 18:53:24 GMT
Thanks for voting +1 on the release Sean.

> I don't want to hold up this vote, but I plan to start voting -1 on
future RCs that don't include md5 files.

Our release documentation (https://hbase.apache.org/book.html#releasing)
says we should generate sums like so:

for i in *.tar.gz; do echo $i; gpg --print-mds $i > $i.mds ; done

The make_rc.sh script also encodes the same. Let's fix.

> this commit is pointed to by tag 0.98.19RC0. It's not included in the
line of commits that reach the current head for the 0.98 branch, but the
same content appears on that branch.

I forgot to push the 0.98 branch for 24 hours after setting the tag and Ted
made a commit in the meantime. Apologies.

--
Best regards,

   - Andy

(via Tom White)