hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Priyadharshini Karthikeyan <priya.darsh...@hashmapinc.com>
Subject Re: What's going on? Two C++ clients being developed at the moment?
Date Tue, 19 Apr 2016 09:26:08 GMT
While generating the configure shell script from configure.ac file, autoconf by default installs
./install.sh and ./missing. The ownership/copyright that you are mentioning has come from
those default installs and We have not copied any outside code intentionally. I agree these
dependencies are not suppose to be checked in to the repo.

Since Apache License version 2.0 is compatible with version 3.0 of the GPL (GNU Public License),
We used GPL for building our hbase C++ client. If it is not supposed to be used, we will not
use it. Thanks for pointing out and I will address this as high priority.

On 4/19/16, 2:50 AM, "Elliott Clark" <eclark@apache.org> wrote:

>On Mon, Apr 18, 2016 at 10:59 PM, <vamsi@hashmapinc.com> wrote:
>> Whenever we added new source files, the default template injected our
>> names into those files.
>There are copyrights from:
>Copyright (C) 1994 X Consortium
>Copyright (C) 1996-2013 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
>Originally written by Fran,cois Pinard <pinard@iro.umontreal.ca>, 1996.
>None of those are you. Neither of those are auto generated from eclipse's

View raw message