hbase-dev mailing list archives

From <la...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] The 1st HBase 0.98.19 release candidate (RC0) is available
Date Fri, 29 Apr 2016 21:46:19 GMT
+1
- built from source (both JDK8 and JDK7)- compiled Phoenix on top- loaded about 50m rows-
flushed, compacted, etc.- queried data back- nothing undue in the logs- no measurable performance
degradation

      From: Andrew Purtell <apurtell@apache.org>
 To: "dev@hbase.apache.org" <dev@hbase.apache.org>
 Sent: Friday, April 22, 2016 7:51 PM
 Subject: [VOTE] The 1st HBase 0.98.19 release candidate (RC0) is available

The 1st HBase 0.98.19 release candidate (RC0) is available for download at
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/hbase/0.98.19RC0/ and Maven
artifacts are also available in the temporary repository
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehbase-1135 .

The detailed source and binary compatibility report for this release with
respect to the previous is available for your review at
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/hbase/0.98.19RC0/0.98.18_0.98.19RC0_compat_report.html
. There are no reported problems or warnings.

The 43 issues resolved in this release can be found at
https://s.apache.org/9AiE

I have made the following preliminary assessments of this candidate:
- Build with source artifact with RAT and enforcers enabled (-Prelease)
completes successfully
- Unit test suite passes 20 of 20 iterations (7u79)
- Loaded 1M rows with LTT (10 readers, 10 writers,
​10 updaters @ ​
20%), nothing unusual logged,
​ all keys verified,​
reported latencies in the ballpark
- Built and ran unit tests with head of Apache Phoenix 4.x-HBase-0.98
branch, looks good (7u79)

Signed with my code signing key 4B6D7DF3.

Please try out the candidate and vote +1/0/-1. This vote will be open for
at least 72 hours. Unless objection I will try to close it Friday April 29,
2016 if we have sufficient votes. Three +1 votes from PMC will be required
to release.

--
Best regards,

  - Andy