hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Nauroth <cnaur...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: /bin/ls permission issue on precommit tests
Date Wed, 02 Mar 2016 19:30:00 GMT
Hi Enis,

Hadoop pre-commit was experiencing the same problem a few weeks ago:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/YETUS-286

We resolved this as a duplicate of a patch that allows control of whether
or not Docker runs in privileged mode:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/YETUS-285

I have to admit I'm not enough of a Docker expert to understand this fix,
but you can read through the issue comments from the contributors if you
want details.

Hadoop pre-commit currently runs off of Yetus master, which includes this
patch, and we are no longer seeing the problem.  I see HBase pre-commit is
currently running with Yetus release 0.1.0, which does not have the fix.

I think you have 2 options:

1. Switch HBase pre-commit to run Yetus from the master branch.  (Please
be aware that new Yetus commits will go to master though.)
2. If you don't like the idea of HBase pre-commit running Yetus code that
is constantly in motion, then you can wait a few days for sign-off of our
0.2.0 release candidate, which is currently under [VOTE] and looking good
so far.

--Chris Nauroth