hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Jozef Vilcek <jozo.vil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Coprocessors causes data access delay?
Date Thu, 31 Mar 2016 07:17:22 GMT
Hi Ted,

I am not very familiar with "unit test using simplified coprocessor".
If you can point me to an example, I can give it a shot. Altough, as I
said, observed behavior is not deterministic and happens not on all
regions.

>Is it possible to come up with unit test showing this behavior using simplified coprocessor
> ?

> Thanks

>> On Mar 29, 2016, at 5:42 AM, Jozef Vilcek <jozo.vilcek@gmail.com> wrote:>>
>> Hi,>> >> I need a help to shed some light on following observation:>>
>> Through hbase shell I do PUT to a non existing cell (create) and immediate>>
GET.>> When doing this against hbase table without a coprocessor, every GET shows>>
the value immediately. When I enable a coprocessor on the table and perform>> the same
check, I do not get a value for every GET. Sometimes GET returns>> nothing, like cell
is not there. If I delay GET few minutes after PUT, then>> data are correctly retrieved.>>
>> I want to understand what is going on.>> Is coprocessor is doing something
wrong? Is this somehow normal? or ... ?>> >> Coprocessor is a RegionObserver doing
data filtering / expiration based on>> predefined rules.>> HBase version is 1.0.0
from cloudera cdh5.5.1 distibution.>> >> Thanks,>> Jozo