hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Jozef Vilcek <jozo.vil...@gmail.com>
Subject Coprocessors causes data access delay?
Date Tue, 29 Mar 2016 12:42:36 GMT
Hi,

I need a help to shed some light on following observation:

Through hbase shell I do PUT to a non existing cell (create) and immediate
GET.
When doing this against hbase table without a coprocessor, every GET shows
the value immediately. When I enable a coprocessor on the table and perform
the same check, I do not get a value for every GET. Sometimes GET returns
nothing, like cell is not there. If I delay GET few minutes after PUT, then
data are correctly retrieved.

I want to understand what is going on.
Is coprocessor is doing something wrong? Is this somehow normal? or ... ?

Coprocessor is a RegionObserver doing data filtering / expiration based on
predefined rules.
HBase version is 1.0.0 from cloudera cdh5.5.1 distibution.

Thanks,
Jozo