hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Dimiduk <ndimi...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] First release candidate for HBase 1.1.4 (RC0) is available
Date Thu, 24 Mar 2016 04:56:46 GMT
For my own review:

- verified tarballs vs public key in p.a.o/keys/committers/ndimiduk.asc.
- extracted bin tgz:
  - inspect structure. look good.
  - run LoadTestTool against standalone bin tgz with FAST_DIFF block
encoder and ROWCOL blooms. No issues, logs look good.
  - poked around webUI. looks good.
  - verified version in MasterUI matches git tag sha
  - load the site, browsed book and API docs.
  - installed phoenix 4.7.0, simple test loading and querying. No issues,
logs look good.
- extracted src tgz:
  - inspect structure. look good.
  - run LoadTestTool against standalone built from src tgz with GZ
compression and ROWCOL blooms. No issues, logs look good (modulo the usual
GZ codec spew on this platform).
  - poked around webUI. looks good.
- inspected compatibility report. Issues look acceptable as per our

On Wed, Mar 16, 2016 at 10:13 PM, Nick Dimiduk <ndimiduk@apache.org> wrote:

> I'm happy to announce the first release candidate of HBase 1.1.4 (HBase-
> 1.1.4RC0) is available for download at
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/hbase/hbase-1.1.4RC0/
> Maven artifacts are also available in the staging repository
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehbase-1131/
> Artifacts are signed with my code signing subkey 0xAD9039071C3489BD,
> available in the Apache keys directory
> https://people.apache.org/keys/committer/ndimiduk.asc
> There's also a signed tag for this release at
> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=hbase.git;a=tag;h=70a38529e6d9b24d4b0ab9937b86d0623d037c12
> The detailed source and binary compatibility report vs 1.1.3 has been
> published for your review, at *http://home.apache.org/~ndimiduk/1.1.3_1.1.4RC0_compat_report.html
> <http://home.apache.org/~ndimiduk/1.1.3_1.1.4RC0_compat_report.html>*
> HBase 1.1.4 is the fourth patch release in the HBase 1.1 line, continuing
> on the theme of bringing a stable, reliable database to the Hadoop and
> NoSQL communities. This release includes over 40 bug fixes since the 1.1.3
> release. Notable correctness fixes
> include HBASE-15100, HBASE-15218, HBASE-15252, HBASE-15198, HBASE-15214, HBASE-15221,
HBASE-15322, HBASE-15378,