hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Enis Söztutar <enis....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: /bin/ls permission issue on precommit tests
Date Wed, 02 Mar 2016 19:49:55 GMT
Thanks Chris,

This came up before whether to run against a released yetus or not.
Personally, I don't care a bit about whether the yetus release we are using
by default is a released one or trunk or a tag. We are only depending on
yetus for the precommit job and not for our distribution artifacts. I can
understand the yetus release is taking some time, and voting etc, but we
are affectively blocking progress on downstream projects, or making life
very inconvenient at the least. The problem is that EVERY hadoopqa run has
to be re-kicked, and it requires a committer with jenkins access to do it.

Can we do something like this: yetus community can maintain a stable tag
(not necessarily a release) where the tag is used by default for downstream
projects. We can have USE_YETUS_RELEASE, USE_STABLE_YETUS and
USE_YETUS_PRERELEASE, and have USE_STABLE_YETUS as the default in precommit
jobs. For example, when the docker issue is fixed, the yetus community will
just change the stable tag to be that point in time.

Enis