hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Enis Söztutar <enis....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: /bin/ls permission issue on precommit tests
Date Wed, 02 Mar 2016 20:04:10 GMT
On Wed, Mar 2, 2016 at 11:53 AM, Sean Busbey <busbey@apache.org> wrote:

> Such a tag would be a distribution according to ASF rules. The Yetus
> PMC would have to vote on it just as we do releases.

Not necessarily. We can depend on a pre-release tag of any of our
dependencies as long as we are not releasing them with our release. We are
not releasing yetus together with HBase. We can depend on any snapshot tag
for our precommit build. I was suggesting that the yetus community have a
guideline on what commit has is the best.

> The answer to the issue of blocking downstream folks is to release more
> often.
>
> The Yetus PMC has a release cadence goal of weekly. Other projects
> that want access to more frequent releases can help the situation by
> helping to vote on releases.

This is great, but I did not see it happen yet. Again, my main goal is to
unblock current state with the least amount of friction.